lesvoyagesboulet

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mike's in the Dog House & Big Step Accomplished





Mike began the day taking Sophie and Yanic to the Ben Thanh Market at set up time. They looked around at the vegetables, meats, fish, fruit, clothes, and many more things that you get get at the market. Nit was so excited to report to me that he, "saw real brains of a real creature that isn't alive anymore!" The kids were also spoiled by some girls that ran a shop. The girls were very sweet to the kids. The kids were even quick to report back to me that they (Mike, Sophie, and Yanic) rode back on one motorbike driven by another man. I don't even have to explain that helmets weren't involved- they almost never are here. Mommy was less than thrilled- hence the line: Mike's in the dog house!
We made it through one big step today at U.S. Immigration. Jody was a bit of a wreck when they didn't look through all of our paperwork and thought it was incomplete. It was easily rectified. Needless to say, that part is done. One more hoop to jump through in Ha Noi before we can return home and breathe easy.
We are leaving bright and early to catch a flight to Cam Ranh and a bus to Nha Trang. We are planning on visiting the orphanage on Saturday. We will fly to Ha Noi on Sunday. You all can thank me later for not posting the pictures of the meat section (intestines, organs, brains, etc.), I know you'll enjoy your lunch more! Take care, Jody & the gang

9 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Boulet 5

We are so happy things have been going well! & definitely enjoying getting the daily updates. We have been missing you all very much and can't wait to see everyone again and meet "baby brother". I'm sure he will learn quickly from Nit next summer that Aunt Debbie works because she has to buy ice cream since he enjoyed his 2nd experience. The whole family looks "so happy". Love and hugs to all. Aunt Debbie & Uncle Wally

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello family,
I hope you are saving Diet Coke and chocolate for Nanny's treat!
I miss you all. Love all the information. I print it and take it home for everyone to read. My new fridge arrived on Tuesday. Erin and Dan left Wednesday. We had a great qweekend with all the family.
Misss you all
Mom

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Guys. Glad to hear your having a good time. I miss you tons. Can't wait for you to get home so I can relax. See you soon ~ Love Gram

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to read of your great experience. God bless you all on a safe trip home! Love Shag

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear sophie and nit,right now nia is here she has somthing to say so here it is,hi i hope your trip is going great!your little brother needs a name and is a cutie bye love, nia and faith

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear sophie and nit,right now nia is here she has somthing to say so here it is,hi i hope your trip is going great!your little brother needs a name and is a cutie bye love, nia and faith

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys I'm finally home. Jen has been keeping me informed and giving updates to me. Everyone in the hospital said "congrats"of course i had to show everyone.I can't wait to see everyone .I see Levi when i go to see Abbi he is doing great love aunt Gail

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love Ben Thanh Market! I can smell the fish aisle right now.....yick! ;) Looks like your kids were a big hit. Glad to hear you made it through the first visa interview. One more to go and you're home free! I love reading your updates and seeing the pictures!!

Molly

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jody, Mike, Sophie, Yanic and the little guy:

I'm here in Maine and enjoyed meeeting with Diane to deliver the two books Judy left for Yanic and Sophie.

Your narration and pictures are sensational!

Have a good return trip!! Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home